McAllen Sex Crime Defense Attorney
Criminal Defense Lawyer Fighting for You
If you are facing accusations of a sex crime, contact The Christopher P. Cavazos Law Firm, PLLC and have our law firm fight to protect your future. Most sex crimes are charged as felonies, which means they can carry serious penalties that can ruin your reputation, jeopardize your freedom, and limit your future opportunities. Turn to a proven firm with a track record of excellent results in a wide range of sex crimes.
We can provide aggressive, effective defense for all sex crimes, including:
- Sexual assault/battery: This can include acts such as rape, unwanted sexual intercourse, unwanted sexual contact, etc.
- Indecency with a child: Includes acts such as molestation, fondling, or other sexual contact with a child
- Child pornography: Including possession, distribution, and creation of images or videos involving children engaged in lewd acts. Some clients have been charged after such images ended up accidentally on a hard drive through viruses or peer to peer file sharing networks.
- Online solicitation of a minor: Attempting to meet a child online with the intent of engaging in a sex act is a crime.
- Sexting: Juveniles who exchange nude images via text, email, or social media can be charged with a crime under child pornography laws.
Early Intervention Is Critical
During the initial stages of a sex crime accusation - especially the investigations - is when it is absolutely critical that you are represented by an McAllen criminal defense lawyer.
While law enforcement officials are investigating the accusations, your criminal defense attorney can advise you of your rights and protect you from incriminating yourself. We have extensive experience in sex crimes investigations that have resulted in dismissals of the charges or even no charges being filed. Having an attorney with the right skills and insight guiding you early on in a case is essential.
Will I Be on the Sex Offender Registry?
In Texas, individuals convicted of a sex offense must register as a sex offender. Failure to do so can result in additional penalties. Once you are registered, your personal information will be made available to the public, including your address, your conviction, your employment, and more.
Know Your Rights - Call Today
No matter what your sex crime accusations involve, or whether you have been charged or are under investigation, it is important to know your rights at all stages. Have a dedicated McAllen criminal defense attorney guide you through each step.
Contact our firm at (956) 290-8911 or online.