Criminal Defense Lawyer in McAllen
Felonies are reserved for the most serious crimes. At The Christopher P. Cavazos Law Firm, PLLC, we have a proven track record of dismissals, acquittals, and dramatically reduced charges for clients who have faced felony charges. The earlier you have a criminal defense attorney work on your case, the better your chances of obtaining a favorable outcome. Have our firm guide you through the process, from the investigations all the way to negotiations or trial.
We can represent clients facing any type of felony, including:
- Felony DWI Charges: In Texas, a 3rd DWI conviction is considered a felony, and will include steep fines, years of imprisonment, and a suspension of your driver's license. In addition, drunk driving that caused serious bodily injury can also be charged as a felony.
- Felony Drug Charges: Drug crimes are typically prosecuted as felonies when they involve a high quantity of drugs.
- Felony Sex Crimes: Examples of sex crimes that are usually charged as felonies include aggravated assault, sex acts with a minor, failure to register as a sex offender, etc.
Felony Classifications in Texas
- State jail felonies - examples include criminally negligent homicide, DWI with child passenger, forgery, etc.
- Third degree felonies - examples include third DWI, intoxication assault, aggravated perjury, etc.
- Second degree felonies - examples include bribery, aggravated assault, manslaughter, etc.
- First degree felonies - examples include aggravated robbery, burglary, murder, etc.
- Capital felonies - examples include murder of a public safety officer, multiple murders, murder of a judge, etc.
Punishment for Felony Offenses
Felonies are punishable by more than a year of imprisonment, fines, and a criminal record. Depending on the type of crime and whether there are any aggravating circumstances, you could be facing years in prison and steep fines.
When you have served your time, you may have trouble finding employment and decent housing due to your criminal record. It is important that you fight your charges with an experienced McAllen criminal defense attorney at our law firm.
We can help you develop an effective strategy and work to preserve your interests. Our law firm has a former prosecutor who is well-versed in how crimes are investigated and prosecuted, as well as how cases are prepared. We know how to attack the weaknesses in a prosecutor's case and how to fight for a better outcome.
Let's Discuss Your Charges During a Free Consultation
If you are under investigation for a felony or facing charges, or would like to seek early termination of probation, speak with a criminal defense lawyer about what to do next. We can inform you of your rights, explore your options, and advise you on the next steps you need to take in order to protect your future.
Start with a free initial consultation: (956) 290-8911.